Altaro just launched Altaro Hyper-V Backup v3.5! The first backup solution with full support for Windows Server 2012!!
Full details below:
- Windows Server 2012 Support, including support for VHDX files.
- Windows 2012: support for backup and restore of VMs located on network paths.
- Windows 2012: support for Volume Shadow Copies of SMB3.0 network paths.
- Windows 2012: support for CSV3.0 and scale-out CSV file shares.
- New and improved Metro-Style User Interface.
Download the PDF with full details about Altaro Backup v3.5. Also read the productreview written a copple of weeks ago.
Yesterday Microsoft has published a new version of the Hyper-V Component Architecture Poster. You can download the poster here.
This update extends the Key Management Service (KMS) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 to allow enterprise licensing of Windows 8 and of Windows Server 2012. KMS provides support for the following KMS client activations:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 7 and Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows Vista and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Key Management Service (KMS) uses a KMS host key to activate KMS on a KMS host, and to establish a local activation service in your environment. This update extends support for KMS to provide activation for Windows 8 and for Windows Server 2012.
Download the hotfix here.