This week Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 became Generally Available (GA). With a lot of new features, customer requests and performance enhancements, it’s a realy nice product to backup your workloads.
My attention goes sepcially to Hyper-V backup, because I’m a real Microsoft geek!!
Here’s a overview of some enhancements:
- Hyper-V Failover CLuster Support;
- Checksum Based Incremental Tracking;
- Shared VHDX support for Hyper-V;
- Credential Manager;
- Improvements to the User Interface (UI);
- Reconnection for VMware and Hyper-V jobs;
- New Disk Addition for VMware and Hyper-V;
- Live Recovery to VMware;
- Live Recovery to Hyper-V;
- Quick VM Recovery Report;
- API for VM list with Storage utilization report;
Some major features in the new Vembu BDR Suite:
- Agentless Microsoft Hyper-V Backup with CBT Incrementals;
- Disk Image Backup for WIndows Servers and Workstations;
- Native Tape Storage support;
- File & Application Backup for Windows, Linux and Mac;
- Bare Metal Recovery;
- Vembu Universal Explorer;
- Failover and Failback;
- Free Edition support;
This is only just a bunch of new features and major features in the new Vembu BDR Suite v4.0. Check the release notes here.
Personally I’m realy happy with the Hyper-V Failover Cluster Support!! In my daily job I’m designing and building a lot of Hyper-V environments, inclusing huge and complex clusters.
The whole team from Vembu did a realy great job with the new release of Vembu BDR Suite v4.0. Great enhancements, great new features and realy easy to use! With the new features, new major features, enhancements and support for cluster environments, Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 is a very powerful solution for backup and disaster recovery.
Below some handy URL’s. Check it out and try Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 yourself!!
- Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 Generaylly Available
- Download Vembu BDR Suite v4.0
- Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 Installation Guide
- Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 Release Notes
Vembu BDR Suite v4.0 is available only for fresh installation. Soon it will also be available for existing environments to upgrade from older versions.