Last week I’ve upgraded my homelab again. Now Windows Server 2019 is GA, this setup is running Windows Server 2019 with the Hyper-V server role enable. This machines has capacity enough to run several virtual machines and also nested virtualization. Very useful to install for example a virtual Storage Spaces Direct (S2D) cluster of other Hyper-V clusters!
So let’s rock and create some virtual machines running Windows Server 2016 and 2019!!
- AMD A8 3870K 3.00GHz 4MB FM1 Box
- Asus F1A75-V PRO AMD A75, SATA600 RAID, HDMI
- Corsair 32GB PC3-14900 DDR3 SDRAM Vengeance (4x 8GB, 1866MHz
- 1 x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB
- 1 x Crucial CT512MX100SSD1 512 GB
- 1 x WD Cavlar Green 1,5 TB
And this setup is fast….realy fast!! The boot tinme of a virtual machine running Windows Server 2019 is around the 5 seconds!!